Website Trexis Insurance Corporation
To apply, visit our ad on Indeed.com
Trexis Insurance Corporation is looking for an experienced full-time Litigation Specialist to investigate and adjust a multi-jurisdictional inventory of litigated and non-litigated automobile insurance claims for its Phoenix, AZ office.
- Independently manage a hybrid multi-jurisdictional inventory of litigated, non-litigated and arbitrated claims consisting of insurance claim defense, insurance coverage and extra-contractual files.
- Draft inter-company arbitration responses.
- Directly evaluate (coverage, liability & damages), negotiate, and settle third-party claims against Trexis insureds, first-party claims against Trexis and any potential extra-contractual matters.
- Roundtable all claim files with complex issues and those claim files entering the trail preparation phase.
- Supervise work by outside panel counsel and independent adjusters ensuring effective and cost-efficient handling of litigated claims and other legal-related insurance matters in accordance with Trexis guidelines.
- Evaluate, process, and pay associated legal expense charges in accordance with Trexis guidelines.
- Respond to discovery requests, subpoenas and third-party production requests served upon Trexis.
- Testify as a fact witness and/or corporate representative depositions, hearing, arbitrations, and trials.
- Act as corporate representative at mediations, status conferences, pre-trial hearings, and motion calendars.
- Provide superior customer service and communication (both verbal and written) internally and externally.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree required; law degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience handling liability and injury claims, including 4 years’ experience handling complex injury claims, with a demonstrated ability to resolve bodily injury claims. A law degree (JD) may be substituted for experience.
- A demonstrated knowledge of tort law, contract law, fair claims practices law and legal procedure required. Must possess expertise with the Department of Insurance regulations.
- A demonstrated high-level organizational and time management skills, including diary management, required.
- Must possess any insurance adjuster’s license required by Trexis or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must be capable of business -related automobile travel (drivers’ license and MVR acceptable to Trexis required) and air travel, both on short notice. Expected travel schedule less than 5% annually.
- Must be capable of intermittent “early-in” or “after-hours” responsibilities as necessitated by inventory.
- Must be capable of withstanding normal office conditions, including but not limited to sitting for long hours, heavy typing, lifting / carrying up to 15 lbs. and CRT screen usage.
Additional Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Advanced degree or industry certification.
- Multi-state claims handling experience with AZ and SC experience highly preferred.
- Experience with inter-company arbitration, extra-contractual defense matters and litigation management duties.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, electronic document management systems and internet-based applications.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with a potential bonus based on company and employee performance along with a full benefits program.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.