Website Minico Insurance
Senior Liability Claims Examiner
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC is looking for a dynamic and customer service driven individual to join our team! The position will have direct responsibility for handling complex liability claims and coverage issues.
• Ability to handle claims primarily in multiple Professional lines, Malpractice, E&O claims and Commercial Liability
• Ability to direct litigation process, strategically partner with counsel and vendors and participate in mediations
• Analyze coverage for assigned claims;
• Draft/send reservation of rights, declination, excess, Department of Insurance Inquiry response letters and other correspondence as appropriate, in accordance with departmental procedures;
• Assign files to and direct investigators and defense attorneys when necessary, in compliance with departmental guidelines;
• Assign appropriate expert vendors as warranted.
• Monitor/manage the activities of investigators and defense attorneys to assure appropriate investigation /defense of matter and in accordance with departmental guidelines and cost containment initiatives;
• Set and maintain loss reserves within designated authority and in accordance with company guidelines;
• Evaluate, negotiate and authorize settlements with insureds and third party claimants within designated authority
• Regular attendance of mediations, settlement conferences and trials
• Conduct required Medicare related investigation, address Medicare liens, and complete mandatory Medicare Section 111 reports as required
• Maintain appropriate diary on pending claims
• Makes referrals to SIU as warranted.
• 5+ years demonstrated technical experience handling commercial and personal lines casualty & liability claims including subrogation, litigation, and extensive knowledge of relevant contract and tort law
• Knowledge of liability/casualty insurance claims management processes
• Highly developed analytical, negotiation, and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside firms, team members, and exercises good judgment in dealing with professional/ personnel matters
• Ability to perform job responsibilities under stressful circumstances
• Proficiency with PC applications including, Microsoft Office and Experience with imaging and estimating programs preferred
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain multi-state Adjuster’s license
• 5yrs+ of commercial casualty claims handling experience; some of that may be relevant legal experience
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution, IIA and or CPCU , ARM, AIC or any other field relevant accreditation a plus!
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org