2021 November Monthly Meeting
November 18 @ 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Event & Speaker(s) Details
- The Risk Management Process
- Insured/Client point of view
- Just Where Does Claim Management Fit in the Process
- How Effective Claim Management contributes to profitability
Sandra K. Little, MBA, CPCU, ARM, CRM, CIC, RIMS-CRMP • Principal •
SKL Risk Consultants, LLC • Scottsdale, AZ • www.SKLRiskConsultantsLLC.com
Continuing education instructor [AZ, CA, FL, TX, OK]
Sandra K. Little is Principle and Owner of SKL Risk Consultants, LLC. as well as the current President of the Arizona Central Chapter of RIMS (the Risk Management Society). Ms. Little is deeply passionate about the practice of the Risk Management Discipline and her personal vision is to expand the footprint of the practice of Risk Management in Arizona and nationally. To that end and in support of the next generation of risk professionals, Ms. Little is contributing to the establishment of a risk management degree program at Grand Canyon University and is adjunct faculty there as well. Ms. Little was also instrumental in the establishment of the Arizona Risk Management Scholarship fund in 2019 for the benefit of college students studying risk management or finance at the university level. As a nationally known speaker in the discipline of risk management, Ms. Little has spoken at the RIMS National Conference on a number of occasions as well as at the National Worker’s Compensation and Disability conference, for the USLAW Network, Inc, for the local chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) and the local chapter of the Charter Property Casualty Underwriter Society (CPCU Society) among other events.
Ms. Little believes that our practice is critical to effective pursuit of strategic objectives, planning and management. Risk management is key in helping to establish and build business, keep employees safe and manage the total cost of risk that will lead to profitability. Meanwhile, she also believes that a practical, common sense approach to managing risk is the simplest way to achieve culture change and reach goals established by the firm.
Education and Teaching:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Speech Communication and Theatre, The College of New Jersey, Trenton, NJ
- Adjunct Professor – Course Content Developer, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
Certifications and Professional Development:
- American Institute for CPCU – Charter Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- American Institute for CPCU – Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- RIMS-CRMP – Certified Risk Management Professional – ANSI Accredited
2019-2021 President, Arizona Central Chapter of RIMS (the Risk Management Society)
“BRING A FRIEND”
The Board encourages each of you to bring a friend to every meeting. All meetings are informative and provides networking opportunities – let’s get the word out!